Saturday, March 10, 2012

L.A.F.S


Last November I came up with a good idea to help me with my shopping problem. I have this habit of buying clothes that I don't really wear. I've always found it hard to just leave them there. So when I have money I buy them but then they just end up stored in my closet.



So I thought of having my own online shop. It was the perfect idea. Shopping + earning money + photography.

When I told my friends about it, they decided to join and we came up with Love at First Sight or L.A.F.S.  We go around Manila and look for good finds that we resell online at a reasonable price.



I used to think differently about buying pre-loved clothes that are worth just as much as brand new ones. but when you think about it, you're paying for vintage pieces that no one or only a few in the world own. For me it is the best option for people who want to stand out and have their own style.



A few days from now we are about to release our 4th collection and looking back at the past 3 collections, financially, we are not earning as much as we'd want. The ratio of effort to profit is not good at all but I want to keep doing this because L.A.F.S has never been about the money.



I don't expect to become a millionare out of this. I just want my own piece of sanctuary where I'll be able to channel my creativity and fulfill my not so secret dream as a photographer. Although there are times that we ask my boyfriend to shoot our models and our models are the ones who do their own makeup. BASTA YUN NA YUN GETS NA :))



Yes, I am dead tired after a photoshoot or after going through every piece of hanger in multiple thrift shops(AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS!). but at the end of the day, being able to do what I love with my closest friends and my boyfriend makes it worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment